Natural Remedies for Dark Knees and Elbows
Dark knees and elbows might be caused by an accumulation of dead skin cells, friction, excessive sun exposure, or a hormonal imbalance. Because some parts of our bodies lack oil glands, it’s vital to keep them moisturized and clean to avoid dryness.
Bright Side has developed a list of ten basic yet effective skin-nourishing and dark-area-removal procedures.
Because of its bleaching properties, cucumber is one of the most effective treatments for removing black knees and elbows. It hydrates your skin while also exfoliating dead skin cells. Cucumbers are high in vitamins, which give the skin a youthful and healthy appearance.
- For 15 minutes, gently apply thick cucumber slices to your elbows and knees.
- Rinse it off with cool water after another 5 minutes.
Equal parts cucumber and lemon juice can also be combined. The combination should be used to treat knees, elbows, and underarms. Allow 20 minutes to pass before rinsing it off. Make it a daily habit to do so.
Lemon and baking soda
Lemon is an excellent skin lightener. It contains a lot of antioxidants and vitamin C, which aid to promote skin regeneration and improve the look. Baking soda is a gentle and efficient cleanser for whitening dark spots on the skin as well as dark knees and elbows.
- Halve a lemon and set it aside.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp baking soda on top of the lemon.
- Rub your elbows and knees for 1 minute.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
Repeat once every two days to attain the desired result.
Aloe vera and milk
Aloe Vera has chemicals that moisturize and even out the tone of your skin. There are also antibacterial and antifungal properties. Using Aloe Vera and milk together is a simple and efficient way to lighten your skin naturally.
- In a bowl, mix equal parts milk and Aloe Vera gel, then apply to your skin.
- Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning.
Apply the gel made from the Aloe Vera leaf to your knees and elbows. Allow it to cool for 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
Catecholase enzymes, which are prevalent in potatoes, help to lighten skin tone naturally. Potatoes soften your skin and help you get rid of dark spots if you eat them on a daily basis.
- Grate the potato, squeeze off the juice, and use on your skin like a moisturizer.
- Massage it into your skin for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Apply a moisturizer to your skin to keep it nourished.
You can also apply sliced potato on your elbows and knees and let it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off. In some cases, you can also apply dark elbows and knees cream to get rid of this problem.
Turmeric may be used to eliminate impurities and dead skin cells from your knees and elbows in a safe and natural way. It contains curcumin, a chemical that reduces and regulates excessive melanin production, which causes dark skin.
- Combine 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp milk in a small mixing bowl.
- Massage your knees and elbows with it.
- Massage for a few minutes before air drying.
- Thoroughly rinse it with warm water.
By adding a little honey to the mix, you can amp up the effect.
Coconut oil (virgin)
Coconut oil is high in essential fatty acids and vitamin E, which both help to restore dark, damaged skin.
- After each shower or bath, massage the affected areas with coconut oil.
- Gently massage the oil into the skin for 2-3 minutes, or until it is entirely absorbed.
You can also use a mixture of 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice and 1 tsp coconut oil to massage your knees and elbows for a few minutes.
Honey has a moisturizing impact on the skin. When coupled with lemon, it may be beneficial to your skin.
- In a mixing dish, combine 2 tbsp honey, half a lemon juice, and 1 tsp baking soda.
- Mix the ingredients together and apply to the burned spots.
- Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes before washing it off.
Honey is also delicious when combined with Aloe Vera and milk. 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel can be combined. Apply the paste to your skin and leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it away with warm water.
Sugar and olive oil
Using a DIY scrub made with sugar and olive oil, your skin will be nourished, hydrated, and dead cells will be removed.
- Mix equal parts sugar and olive oil to make a fine paste.
- For around 5 minutes, massage it into your knees and elbows in circular strokes.
- Do this once a week at the very least.
This scrub can also be used to clean your face. Just be careful not to rub too hard, as this may result in skin damage.
Using oats as a scrub
In addition to its many health benefits, oatmeal is another effective way to attain a flawless skin tone. Lemon juice, oats, and salt are all necessary ingredients.
- In a mixing dish, combine half a lemon’s juice, 1/2 tbsp oats, and a pinch of salt.
- For 10-15 minutes, massage the scrub into your knees and elbows in circular motions.
- Thoroughly rinse with warm water.
- Use this procedure 3-4 times each week to achieve the best results.
You can also use a mixture of 2 tbsp oats and 2 tsp milk to massage the black patches for 10 minutes. After that, give it a good rinse with water. After applying it, your skin will feel soft, smooth, healthy, and luminous.
The strong acetic acid concentration of vinegar and the high lactic acid content of yogurt can help cleanse your knees and elbows and reveal bright skin.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
- Apply on your skin using this mixture.
- Soak it in warm water for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Repeat this exercise three to four times a week.
Another easy way to lighten your skin is to mix apple cider vinegar with water and apply it to your elbows and knees with cotton balls. It is recommended that you leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it off.