To begin with, Microsoft Project is a project management software that helps in creating project plans and schedules. In addition, it is useful for managing resources and keeping track of time. This software tool helps project managers in the following tasks.
- Devising plans
- Setting realistic goals
- Defining resources\
- Assigning tasks
- Recording progress and finances
- Monitoring workloads\
- Scheduling meetings
Features Of Microsoft Project:
MSP comes with a project timeline view that provides a whole new way of looking at the project phase. In addition, it provides a bird’s eye view of the project and helps you in making presentations for the executive management and the stakeholders. MSP also offers some interesting and effective features for reporting and there are about 15 out-of-the-box reports that a user can use for creating reports and presentations.
Above all, it is capable of managing multiple projects by allowing you to combine different project plans into a single master project plan. This approach is highly beneficial when a user needs to track multiple or a portfolio of projects. To further know about it, one can visit MSP Microsoft Project Training in Gurgaon. Apart from these, given below are some of the features of Microsoft Project.
- Implement a Resource Pool- A resource pool allows a project manager to share a common set of resources and identify resourcing conflicts in the early stages.
- Using Traffic Light Indicators- These indicators are useful in the project plan as they allow you to communicate better with the team. In addition, it facilitates indicating the status of various tasks in the project plan.
- Filters, Groups, and Highlights- These features facilitate filtering and highlighting resources or tasks based on certain criteria. Groups are useful in grouping the resources or tasks based on certain criteria.
- Allows you to baseline projects- Baselining the projects is useful in maintaining a snapshot in the time. In addition, it also has uses in measuring progress and changing management for the project.
- Huge social presence- MSP has great community support as more than 22,000,000 users use it. Moreover, there is a lot of online content and courses available for Microsoft Project.
Advantages Of Using Microsoft Project
MSP is capable of integrating with various other enterprise-based solutions such as SharePoint, Ceptah Plugin, Daptiv PPM, and Project Server. In addition, it comes with multiple views such as Gantt, Resource Usage, Task Sheet, Calendar, etc. that allow the project manager to see the project data from a different angle. Moreover, they are useful in focusing on certain features and can also be customized further. Above all, MSP allows you to add multiple types of custom fields for populating the values. Apart from these, given below are some of the advantages of using MSP.
- Very convenient and user-friendly.
- It can create tasks on the basis of duration or effort.
- See the same project plan from different angles.
- Has multiple uses in creating different types of resources.
- Helps in creating and maintaining multiple project plans.
- Allocate resources on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Similar interface to other MS products.
- Has templates to help users get started.
- Help project managers with estimating budgets.
Benefits Of Doing Microsoft Project Certification
MSP is a highly demanding skill in today’s era and many companies all over the world rely on it. In addition, this software tool is useful in developing a schedule, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads. Certification in it ensures that you are a highly qualified MSP professional, thus opening multiple career opportunities for you. It makes you more employable and provides you with better pay than the rest of the candidates. This is because employers rely on certification to determine the risks of hiring employees.
Moreover, MSP certification is also beneficial for employers as they won’t have to spend money on training employees and will have ease in shortlisting them for hire. Many institutions provide MSP Microsoft Project Training in Delhi along with certification, and one can enroll in them to start a career in it. Apart from these, given below are some of the benefits of getting MSP certification.
- It gets you organized
- Helps in getting jobs
- Provides you with good results
- Your colleagues see you as an idol
- Builds your reputation
- You can be an asset to your company